It's up to you!
This generation is taking responsibility to improve the quality of life for all youth.
Bring MPOWRD to your school and community.
Who May Attend
- 15 - 18 --> MPOWRD the challenge to lead
- 13 - 14 --> should meet within their age group
- 18 - 24 --> MPOWRD2 the ultimate challenge to lead
- Any addictive behavior may be cause to attend meetings. Examples: eating disorders, smoking, drinking, raging, bullying, "putting yourself down," "allowing yourself to be a victim," "being a perfectionist," poor attendance, lack of "following through," poor coping skills, cutting, etc.
- Confidentiality is assured as addictions are not disclosed.
- The steps will provide the guidelines toward recovery.
- Interactive discussion and support are encouraged.
- Leadership for each meeting will be shared among members.
- Program guidelines must be followed.
- Unconditional respect is required.
MPOWRD Training Program
Facilitators will be trained personnel in youth outreach and addiction with certified background checks required within their organization. Ideally two facilitators will be present at each meeting.
This program offers a comprehensive approach for individuals planning to offer MPOWRD meetings within their facilities. Redefining addiction, unconditional support, new strategies in empowerment, confidentiality factors, and creating balance and trust, are just several of the key components which will be emphasized at the training. Breakout sessions will be included simulating MPOWRD meetings and strategies. Lesson plans will be reviewed for consistency in approach and outreach.
MPOWRD trainings are available to: coalitions, high school staff, behavioral health providers, juvenile correction and detention personel, and other youth support agencies. Fidelity checks are required before final certification is granted. Prior to certification, each facilitator will be monitored in a meeting, with voices of participants recorded. A detailed timeline will be provided during the training for the certification process.
Trained facilitators are required to attend young adult groups.
For further information about bringing the MPOWRD training program to your community, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.